We had a pretty lowkey but busy Easter. It was chilly all week so we really didn't do any egg hunts. We were supposed to do one with our meetup group but Wilder was just getting over a cold and I didn't want to get him out in the weather and get him sick all over again. But the day before, I thought we were still going so I said, "Wilder, we're going to an Easter egg hunt tomorrow!" He said, "Wilder get big, have gun!" I was so confused by his answer and said, "Huh??" He clarified: "Wilder have gun, shoot Easter eggs!" Hahaha, ummm, no not that kind of hunt ;)
We did have a fun Easter though just seeing everyone and dressing Wilder up so cute in his spiffy little Easter outfit. There is so much more pressure in the South to look just right for holidays, and especially for Easter. For some reason, it seems like everyone goes all out for Easter outfits. But I stepped up to the challenge, haha, and was really proud of how adorable Wilder looked.
Saturday it rained so we just hung out at my mom's house and dyed Easter eggs. Wilder didn't really get the point of it but it was fun doing it anyway :)
Sunday morning I was so excited for Wilder to open his Easter goodies. Easter baskets and Christmas stockings are two of my favorite things to do -- I just love finding all kinds of fun little items to fill them with.
Later in the morning we went to church with my mom. Wilder was really good and quiet until he started getting restless about 15 minutes before the service ended so Paul took him out and they walked around looking at stuff while it wrapped up. When we came out Wilder was sitting in the chair in the lobby that my dad always used to sit in to wait for my mom who always has to "jabberjaw" (as he called it) after church. I like to think Wilder was sitting in my dad's lap for those few minutes. I miss him so much.
After church we went to my grandmother's house for lunch and did a little indoor egg hunt for Wilder since it was still raining. Wilder was so pumped about searching for the eggs and was excited to find candy in them at first... luckily he didn't end up liking the candy so it didn't become an issue ;)
Silly and so over pictures ;)
Loooove this picture of two of my
favorite people in the world!
He was so excited to search for those eggs
Making a funny face at himself in the
reflection of the metallic "grand prize" egg
Counting his eggs.
He counted up to 11. I was so proud!
He counted up to 11. I was so proud!
Love this picture too of Wilder and
his sweet, spunky Grand-Sally
Later in the afternoon after his nap, we went over to Daddy G and Lisa's house to grill out and hunt more eggs. Wilder said his little poem for them and they thought he was so smart.
Living where we do is not necessarily my ideal situation personally (I mean, rain on Easter? Come on, Tennessee weather, get it together!); but I do love being close enough to spend holidays and special occasions with our families. These are memories that will last a lifetime and will shape Wilder's sense of self, love, and family and that's more important than my selfish preferences.




















No comments:
Post a Comment