Thursday, August 9, 2012

Hello? Is There Anybody Out There?

Y'all, I'm not neglecting this blog for no reason, I promise. I have a computer, I have pictures and thoughts, I have the will to blog (sort of) but there's one teeny tiny piece of the puzzle that's missing... I have no internet where we're staying! And it's driving me CRAZY!! But it looks like we'll be staying there for another few months so hooking up the internet is now a top priority. 

In the meantime I'm having to jump through hoops to post a stinkin' blogpost. The last post came to you courtesy of Chick-fil-A's free WiFi while Wilder played at their indoor playplace and now I'm at my mom's house in Jackson trying to pump out a post while Wilder naps. I promise to get back in a regular posting routine once I'm able to post from the comfort and convenience of my own home the home we're currently staying at. 

Not that anyone is actually reading this blog now that I've gone private, which is also something that's driving me crazy. But that's a discussion for another day, a day when I have the internet and can post at my leisure. Today I've got about another half hour before Wilder wakes up to recap the last two weeks for my three readers. So here it goes...

We're really enjoying the area where we're living. It's close to a lot of stuff to do but we also have a lot of outdoor space around our house that Wilder has loved getting to explore. It's also close to a few friends from college that we haven't been able to hang out with in a long time and who now also have kids Wilder's age so it's been fun to get together with them. 

We've gone to some storytimes at the local library, which are fun, but it's just not the same when you don't have friends to go with.
Paul's dad has a membership at a fitness club in the area and he got us a guest membership so we've been using their pool on the days when Wilder wants to be outside but the heat is unbearable.
He found these awful camo sunglasses under
the pool chair and insisted on wearing them haha
He thought they were so cool ;)
We got together with my college friend, Megan, and her son, Mason, who is almost two, last week at the Memphis Children's Museum. Wilder and Mason were so cute together and so busy... it was next to impossible to get them in a picture together.
On the way to the museum I told Wilder where we were 
going and he kept saying Drive airpane? Drive airpane? 
I had to assure him that he could drive the airplane when
we got to the museum. I couldn't believe he remembered
that from the last time we were there a month ago!
Cuties :)
 The most successful picture attempt, which is not
saying much haha ;) (Megan is due in December with
their second boy!)
Last weekend we got together with some other friends, Patrick and Alicia, and their 16-month-old son, Declan. Pat and Paul were roommates in college and we hadn't seen them since before we got pregnant so it was a happy reunion and a fun afternoon. Wilder and Declan were instant friends and played so well together! It was really sweet to watch them. 
Wilder explaining to Declan that those are called "trees"
Somehow they ended up playing in the shower
and thought it was the funnest thing
Awwwwwwwwww :)
 The sweetest thing was, when we got ready to leave,
Wilder taught Declan how to hug. Declan thought
that hugging thing was pretty awesome and proceeded
to follow Wilder around the house saying "hug, hug"
wanting more hugs. It was too cute :)
Paul and I were invited to a wedding reception in Pittsburgh for some of our good friends from architecture school a couple of weeks ago. We really wanted to go and make a road trip out of it but I was so torn about leaving Wilder for an entire weekend. I've only spent two nights away from him his whole life and those weren't consecutive nights so it was hard but I knew it would be good for all of us and that my mom would take great care of him. I'm so glad we ended up going -- Paul and I needed some time away and we had such a fun time seeing our friends and exploring Pittsburgh. And Wilder had a blast getting spoiled by my mom of course.
 
Carnegie Music Hall
This was a cool combination of the old and the new
BBQ men
Paul and Tim
The McCarthys and the Taylors
My mom kept me well-stocked with cute, grinny pictures :)
We've been having such a good time exploring the outdoors lately despite the ridiculous heat. If it were up to Wilder we would spend every minute of daylight outside.
I've looked out in the yard several mornings and found
Wilder and Rider sitting just like this -- so sweet :)
Contemplating the jump and going for it
Wilder has taken over my job of throwing the ball
for Rider and I LOVE it!
 We spent the other morning collecting treasures in the yard
 Wilder is a hugging machine lately -- sooo sweet!!
Playing ball with Dada
We aren't big toy buyers for Wilder. Don't get me wrong, he has plenty of them but we just don't buy gobs and gobs of toys. But since all of our earthly possessions are in storage boxes in San Diego including most of his toys we made a rare trip to Toys R Us last weekend and bought him a few things. 
So proud of his new glove and bat!
 We saved the big thing to surprise him with
the next morning. We told him we had a surprise
for him and he kept saying Prise? Prise?
He's obsessed with lawn mowers (and all other types of
machinery) so I knew the bubble mower would be a hit
 I so wish this picture wasn't blurry but, oh well, 
it was too cute not to post anyway. This was his
reaction the first time the bubbles came out :)
 Worker man
 So sweet, smiling at Dada
 So excited to have his very own mower!
I know every parent thinks their child is a genius, but Wilder is seriously scary smart, y'all. You tell him something one time and he doesn't forget it. He's constantly naming things that he sees or what we're doing. He doesn't stop talking from the moment he wakes up until he goes to sleep. He's also started stringing words together like Socks on feet and Wi-Wi's water/Mama's shoes/Grana's house, etc. I love watching him grow and learn and I'm just so proud of the little boy he's becoming. 
The other night we told him we were going
to a restaurant to eat pizza and he totally 
latched on to that word and kept saying it 
over and over the whole way. 
There's nothing this boy loves more than new words.
Here's a few more cute pictures...
 So proud of his balloon he got at Chick-fil-A
 Sweetest baby
 Cloud watching with my little buddy
 Reading in bed on a rainy morning
 Wilder has become very attached to his Ellie and insists
that Ellie watch! him do things throughout the day
 I love that Wilder loves to read and I 
really love those two dudes right there
 I accidentally taught Wilder how to shoot water
through a straw at dinner the other night. We
may not be going to eat at restaurants for a while.
 Wilder had been hard at work "mowing" the yard
for days so he was quite perplexed when the man
showed up to mow it haha :)
Alright well I guess that's it for now. I hope the three people reading this have an excellent weekend! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I must be über emotional or something but I totally teared up looking at the pictures of Wilder so excited for his "prise"! There is nothing sweeter than those moments!! We are for real coming to see y'all as soon as things get more settled here! If not next week then the next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one of your loyal 3 readers, I feel obligated to leave a comment! Huntsville is only 2 hours away from you guys, so I'll let you know next time we're up there - I'd love to meet your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya! From one of your loyal readers and fellow private blogger ... thank you for keeping up the blogging. :-) I love your new TN site and know quite a few people that are thrilled to have you "home". The west certainly misses you though. I'm so bummed we never got to make the trip to CA while you were there. Hope you are having fun getting settled and I'm sure you will make new wonderful friends in no time! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete